Bart Gavin- Chancery Clerk
|1st Judical District
101 N. Court Street – Suite D
Post Office Box 248
Ellisville, MS 39437
|2nd Judical District
415 N. 5th Avenue
Post Office Box 1468
Laurel, MS 39441
Some of the Duties of the Chancery Clerk
- Serves as Clerk of the Chancery Court.
- Records and preserves all Deeds, Deeds of Trust, Power of Attorneys, Uniform Commerical Codes, Federal Tax Liens, Military Discharges, etc.
- Serves as Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.
- Serves as County Treasurer and County Auditor.
- Keeping and preserving minutes of Board Meetings.
- Issues checks after invoices are approved by the Board.
- Performs all duties of allowing or disallowing homestead.
- Receives, files and maintains all papers related to Divorces, Child Custody, Equity and land matters, Probate of Estates and Mental Health cases.
- Collects delinquent taxes: Cash Only