Circuit Clerk- Concetta Brooks
Circuit Clerk responsibilities:
- Serves as clerk to county, youth, and circuit courts
- Receives and maintains all court files in Youth, County, and Circuit cases
- Maintains records of all judgements and executions
- Issues and maintains all records of marriage licenses
- County Registrar: Registers new voters and works with Election Commissioners in all local and statewide elections
- Registers medical and professional licenses
1st Judicial District 2nd Judicial District
101 N. Court Street, Suite B P.O. Box 1336
Ellisville, MS 39437 Laurel, MS 39441
Phone (601)477-8538 Phone (601)425-2556
Fax (601)477-8539 Fax (601)399-4774
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours 8:00 A.M until 5:00 P.M. Monday-Friday
The Circuit Court Department handles the following:
- Voter Registration
- Marriage Licenses
- Custodian of all Circuit, County and Youth Court files
County Election Commissioners
Gail Harrison Welch, Beat 1
Marilyn Graves Huff, Beat 2
Helen Blackledge Stanley, Beat 3
Ken Reynolds, Beat 4
Addie Wash Chinn, Beat 5
- You must be registered to vote 30 days prior to an election date
- Absentee voting begins 45 days to prior to the election day
- You must be eighteen years old to vote ( you may register early but you muse be 18 before the next general election)
- We are open for absentee coting two Saturdays prior to an election date 8:00 A.M. until noon.
Marriage License Information
- Bride and Groom must come to the Circuit Clerks office together to apply
- Cost of a marriage license is $21.00 (Cash only) (Exact change)
- Proof of age must be provided in the form of Driver License, Birth Certificate, Passport, or other legal document that contains name and date of birth
- The Circuit clerk shall NOT issue a marriage license to any male applicant under seventeen (17) years of age or any female under the age of fifteen (15) without a court order from a County, Circuit, or Chancery Judge.
- If either applicant is under the age of twenty-one years of age, he/she must have a consent from parents or legal guardian.
- If applicants have previously been married and divorced or lost a spouse through death the applicant will need to supply the month, date, and year the marriage ended.
- Once a license is issued, it does not expire.
The Circuit Clerks office is a Passport Acceptance Agency. We process applications Monday- Friday 8:00 A.M. until 4:30 P.M Passport photos are available in the office at the rate of $15.00.